Georgia Real Estate License Requirements
Learn about the Georgia education requirements for real estate licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: Georgia Real Estate Commission (GREC)
Georgia Real Estate Education Requirements:
- Georgia real estate salesperson license: N/A
- Georgia real estate broker license: 60 hours
- Georgia also requires 25 hours of post-license education
Georgia State Reciprocity:
A real estate professional licensed in another state who becomes a Georgia resident may obtain an equivalent Georgia real estate license without further examination or education. The applicant must submit a certification of license history (no more than one year old) from the state in which the applicant is currently licensed. The certification of license history must show that the applicant:
- Is currently in good standing (license cannot be lapsed or expired)
- Has passed an examination for the type of license sought in Georgia
- Has met all pre-license and continuing education requirements required for that license by that state
Georgia Real Estate Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
In order to renew your real estate license in Georgia, 36 hours of real estate CE must be completed every 4 years from the month of your birth. Of the 36 hours, 3 hours must cover Georgia law and rules.